Tryouts are July 29th by appointment only!!!
Junior Volleyball Club Program
VolleyFitsU! Volleyball Club was created to provide an opportunity for school- aged athletes to develop volleyball skills as they compete in a setting that encourages excellence in individual as well as team work.
VolleyFitsU! is focused on physically developing players in the early stages of life by providing a fitness program that will enhance their performance and knowledge of the sport as they utilize volleyball skills and drills to prepare them for their future in athletics.
Our goal is to create a positive, fun, fitness-oriented environment and provide our participants with not only the skills and knowledge of the game but the opportunity to move toward a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Provide a safe positive environment
Every player who comes into the court will be given a fair chance to improve their skills as they grow as a player throughout the season.
- Communicate in a positive way.
Support and encourage with positive feedback to all players whether in the game or during practice.
- Help players become fit to play volleyball.
Encourage your daughter to think outside the box. We want our players to develop the right conditioning for volleyball so they can play the game safely and successfully. Players should also understand the value of fitness and enjoy conditioning for volleyball.
- Develop character.
Character development includes but is not limited to learning, caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. We will demonstrate and encourage behaviors that express these values at all times as we prepare to continue reaching goals at a higher level of competition.
Age Definition for 2017-2018 Season
14 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003 thru August 31, 2004 (FULL TRYOUT-PLAYERS WILL BE PLACED ON WAIT LIST)
13 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004 thru August 31, 2005 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
12 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005 thru August 31, 2006 (FULL TRYOUT-PLAYERS WILL BE PLACED ON WAIT LIST)
11 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006 thru August 31, 2007 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
To register for tryouts please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your tryout.
Tryouts- There will be a non-refundable fee of $25 for tryouts. The tryouts will be 90 minutes long and the player will be evaluated in all the skills (passing, setting, blocking, hitting and serving).
You will be notified of team placement after all tryouts have been completed but be aware that we might make offers to our players during tryouts. The total cost to join the team is $1,500 for the season. If you accept a position on the team, you will be required to sign a contract with VolleyFitsU! and place a non-refundable/ non-transferable deposit of $300.00 immediately in order for the team to save your spot on the team and move forward with other administrative matters.
Club Fees- Local Team
The Club fees for players on our teams will be $1,500 per season. Registration to USAV LS Region-$45 and Scorer’s Clinic-$25, are not included in Club Fees.
- Installment payments as follows:
- The Club fees for players on our teams will be $1,500 per season.
- $300 deposit payable once the team position has been offered, parents have confirmed acceptance and player has signed all applications and documents required at the parent meeting.
- The remaining balance to be paid by installments of $300 on November 1st, December 1st, January 1st and February 1st.
- Starting in November, all teams will practice two-three times per week and practices will be subject to change. All practices and tournaments are mandatory.
- Local teams will participate in a minimum of 6-8 tournaments and this will only include local (Houston area) tournaments. Travel team will play one out of city limits tournament.
- The player’s parent and/or Legal Guardian assumes full responsibility for payment of all costs, fees, and expenses associated with the Player’s participation and membership in the Club. The payment for all Club fees is required in full and all payments are non-refundable to be paid by February 1st, 2018. Any player that decides to leave the VFU Club before the end of the scheduled season will be required to pay in full all the remaining fees. This will not apply to players with a certified injury by a physician and will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
- VFU Club reserves the right to suspend or terminate any player that does not adhere to the Club’s contract.